Friday, August 24, 2012

31 Days Post-op - Nobody Likes a Debbie Downer

Today is 31 days post-op! It's exactly one month from my Open Surgical Dislocation and Debridement surgery.

Unfortunately I am still dealing with lower back (SI pain), deep hip pain and that horrible catching feeling inside my hip. There's been a slight improvement with my lower back pain which I'm thankful for! I really think the catching sensation is scar tissue...I'll have to really focus on staying as active as possible to reduce and break down the formation.

I've had my share of ups and downs, however I've definitely had more up days than down days. When I really look at the number of days since surgery where I've felt "defeated"...we're really only looking at 2-3 days....that's only 7-10% of the time. Not too shabby if you ask me!

I think what's frustrating me now is the fact that I feel like life is passing by and I'm stuck inside looking out.

What people don't understand is the fact that I can't just move forward with my life and the financial strain this is having on us. I look around me and all my friends are having children, going on little summer trips, enjoying drinks and company on the patio and just living their life! Putting your life on hold is a very difficult thing to face...especially when you know there's a long haul left.

But...realistically who really wants to hear me complain about my back or hip pain? I get it...it's one of those things that people just can't relate to unless they're in the same boat. In fact, I'm guilty of the same thing! When I hear someone wallowing around in self pity...especially if it's the "same old thing"....I think to myself..."Oh for crying out loud...suck it up already!" Let's be real honest here....nobody likes a Debbie Downer!


So, I've decided I'm going to shower, get dressed and put on my big girl panties. Time to get my ass outside! It's a lovely day and I'm wasting it in here!


Plus, quite frankly...when you think about it....life is just TOO SHORT! I tend to be more of an optimist. I prefer to make lemonade rather than sucking on life's lemons. 


2 comments:

  1. You are so right - people don't like pity parties. But guess what? We're all entitled to a few :) I'd say after all you've been through that you can talk about it. It's not intentional complaining, it's a reality that most can't relate to. Good for you for being so optimistic! Makes a world of difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Denise! That means a lot coming from you. :) Your journey has been so inspiring and I've truly been enjoying reading your blog. I think some of my optimism is drawn from you. :)

      Delete